“There’s an old Buddhist saying that, when you meet your soulmate, remember that the act to bring you together was 500 years in the making. So always appreciate and be kind to each other. There’s a corollary for friends. When you meet a true friend, you will be bound together though space and time for 500 years.”
I kind of consider you a good friend, and this is no joke or I am not saying this just to please you (though that may be the effect I want you to have) I enjoy reading your blog. It is refreshing and really warms my heart. Please don’t stop writing.
One day, I will meet you in person. I just want you and Tito Ricky to know that I deeply care about you and I will always be there, my mongrel too. 😊
1. Such was death. It could be a long and strenuous journey before it reached the heavenly realm. Or it could just be around the corner, unexpectedly. Either way, it inevitably led to that thing called destiny – the final destination. – That Thing Called Final Destination
2. I shot a bullet prayer for Razzie and his fellow migrant workers. That they may find not only fortune but fairness. That they may build a new life, not end up broken. Better yet, that they may cultivate their own field of gold and not look far afield.- Fields of Gold
3. The best vacay was not a place; it was time- Just One Day Out of Life
4. At one point, I was swimming alone as mom retreated to a lounge chair. I figured she had dozed off so I kept an eye on her, making sure she was not leaning enough to fall off the chair. Little did I know she was watching me back, making sure I was not getting swept away to the open sea. We were each other’s keeper! – The Pure Shores of Puerto Princesa
5. That I got to do what meant to me most with people I loved most was more than I had bargained for. It was by grace that, at an age when most would live on memories, Mom was still making some. Not only had I experienced grace in my life, it had conquered me.- Grace Like The Underground River
6. Meanwhile, the mountains timidly poked out from every directions, as if showing off that no matter how deficient they seemed, this country has something grand to offer. It was different, I thought. A sight so heartbreaking yet beautiful and exciting at the same time. My eyes saw and cultivate the heart to love it. And that was just it. I straight away had an unexpected crush on Nepal.-The Unexpected Crush
7. I decided not to let my poverty get in the way of my dreams. Beggars couldn’t be choosers, but who said they couldn’t be travelers? – Into Indochina, May 12, 2009
8. Funny how the groom seemed to lovingly hold the moto while his bride was fumbling with her dress unattended. I pronounced them man and bike.
9. Without a guide or a plan, I was no better than a blind mouse navigating its way through a maze – an amazing one at that. I did not know where to see what and how.- I Got Myself a Universe in Angkor Wat, May 19, 2009
10. No matter, to me it was a refreshing respite: to have lost the crowds and just breathe no one else’s air.- Serendipitous Serenity, July 25, 2009
11. Personally, it was a daunting task for someone from the working class to go window-shopping in Tokyo. But the host insisted; the poor backpacker relented.- A city of Superlatives, August 9, 2009
12. As human nature would have it, the forbidden fruit looked more enticing than the permissible ones in the basket.- Tokyo/Tokyo, August 30, 2009
13. However, if there was one thing I loved doing in a foreign city, it was walking aimlessly. And that was how you get to know a city – by getting lost.-Found in Translation, September 13, 2009
14. Some pleasant discoveries were made, not by getting there, but by getting lost.- Lost in Time, December 26, 2009
15. So we took the road less traveled by. And we barely made it out alive. Through the darkness somehow we survived.- Deep Down in the Depth of Sumaguing Cave
This Blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.